Our Existing Industry Leading 7-Year, 1 Million-Mile Warranty
The advanced features and durability of the Evolution® allow us to offer a 7-Year, million-mile guarantee. Dura-Lite's Evolution Charge Air Coolers (CAC) have maintained a less than 1% warranty return rate for over 30-years. Our warranty is not prorated and warrants the original vehicle installation for a period of 7 (seven) years or 1,000,000 (one million) miles, or 1,609,000 (one million, six hundred and nine thousand) kilometers, whichever occurs first from the date of installation, that its Evolution Charge Air Coolers will remain within the allowable leak down rate specifications of the following applicable engine manufacturers under normal on-highway operating conditions: Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit Diesel, International, Mack, Mercedes, Paccar, and Volvo ("Engine Manufacturers").
Note: Most Dura-Lite™ Evolution Charge Air Coolers are backed by our industry-leading (non-prorated) 7 Year/ 1,000,000 Mile Warranty. Certain part numbers carry a limited warranty ranging from 1 to 3 years depending upon the design or application. The individual product page on our website indicates the specific warranty period covered for each product. If you need further information about product warranty or anything else, please contact our Customer Support team.
Dura-Lite Now Covers Warranty Labour!
Warranty Labour on any Evolution Charge Air Cooler installed after October 1, 2023, is covered:
- For Evolution CACs with a 7 Year Warranty, for the first 2 (two) years from the Installation Date, Dura-Lite will automatically pay $300.00 towards the replacement Labour for that Charge Air Cooler.
- For Evolution CACs with a 1 Year Warranty, Dura-Lite will automatically pay $300.00 towards the replacement Labour for that Charge Air Cooler during the 1 Year Warranty period from the Installation Date.
- For Evolution CACs with a 2 Year Warranty, Dura-Lite will automatically pay $300.00 towards the replacement Labour for that Charge Air Cooler during the 2 Year Warranty period from the Installation Date.
- If the Warranty replacement also fails within the first 2 (two) years from the original Evolution CAC Installation Date, Dura-Lite will pay the Labour a second time.
- If the Warranty replacement fails after the first 2 (two) years from the original Evolution CAC Installation Date, no Labour will be paid on the replacement CAC.
- For Evolution CACs with a 1 Year Warranty, the above applies but is limited to the 1 Year Warranty period.
- An Evolution Charge Air Cooler submitted for warranty, must be replaced by a Dura-Lite Evolution CAC as per Dura-Lite’s Warranty and Limitation of Liability Policy.
- This new program is only for Evolution Charge Air Coolers and does not extend to Dura-Lite Eliminator® Charge Air Coolers or any Dura-Lite Radiators.
Development of the Evolution Charge Air Cooler
In the late 80's in a humble repair shop in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Dura-Lite began doing extensive research, development, and testing. Our work culminated in the release of a revolutionary new Charge Air Cooler product range to be used in the heavy-duty truck, transit bus, motorcoach, motorhome, industrial, agricultural and construction markets. The product range would eventually become known as our Evolution® Charge Air Cooler and its release revolutionized charge air cooler performance, durability, and reliability.
Reliability Problems that the New Evolution Charge Air Cooler Solved
- Tube-to-header failures were eliminated with Dura-Lite's patented "high temperature silicone grommet leak-free tube-to-header seal system".
- Tanks were reinforced to reduce premature failure.
- Build-up of debris was minimized with Dura-Lite's offset outer fin design.
Why choose a Dura-Lite Evolution Charge Air Cooler?
- Engineered for performance, improved fuel economy, durability, and longevity. EPA certified.
- Dyno tested to optimize performance, power, and emissions.
- Manufactured and tested to be leak-free.